2021 Virtual Exhibition | Consorts-Minus-One
“I find Serna’s entrepreneurship progressive, impressive, & inspiring. His output embodies the kind of out-of-the-box thinking that continues to keep the early music community alive & energetic in the digital age.” – Lindsey Macchiarella, Ph.D., VdGSA News, 2020
“Phillip W. Serna near Chicago...who since COVID lockdowns began have developed vigorous, forward-looking sites that demonstrate what virtual ensembles could be like.” – Laurence Vittes, Strings Magazine, 2021
"...perhaps the hardest-working guy in Early Music..."
- Gary O'Connor, VdGSA News, 2020
Featuring composers such as Bevin, Blankes, Coprario, Daman, de Cousu, Dowland, East, Ferrabosco the Elder, Ferrabosco the Younger, Gibbons, Jenkins, Lawes, Moulinié, Poynt, Picforth, Purcell, Schankler, Tallis, Taverner, Ward, Phillip Serna’s Consorts-Minus-One library is expanding with upcoming releases of the trios & quartets by Coprario & East; Brownings by Byrd, et al; In Nomines by Brewster, Byrd, Eglestone, & Tallis; and Hexachord Fantasias by Baldwin, Parsons, Woodson, et al!
Here is what you can expect from our high-quality music-minus-one recordings:
- MP3 format (256kbps 44.1kHz)
- Available at A415 & A440
- Available in 2 Tempi (one 15-20% slower) for your comfort
- Click-track count-off · Includes MP3 with all-parts (for those that prefer doubling)
- Includes MP3s with individual parts missing
- Most also include an additional .ZIP file individual tracks for study
- Purchase one piece at a time or take advantage of an All-Access Pass (1-month, 6-month or 1 year)
In honor of the 2021 Boston Early Music Festival & Exhibition, you can purchase or renew a Consorts-Minus-One 1-Year All-Access Pass for the special price of only $59.99! This special only lasts until June 13th, so take advantage of this offer today!
email@example.com | 847-722-2093